Terms and Conditions
In these conditions (“Conditions”) “We”, “Us” or “Our” means PASS N GO DRIVING SCHOOL LIMITED (The) (company registration number: 7522816) and “You” or “Your” means the customer. You must read these Conditions in full as they set out our complete Terms upon which we have agreed to provide, and you have agreed to Obtain, driving tuition from us. We and Your Instructor reserve the right to charge for any lessons affected by your failure to comply with any of these Conditions.
About Your Instructor
Your Instructor is one of Our self-employed franchisees whose relationship with Us is governed by a franchise agreement, No contractual liability shall arise or subsist between You and Us, However We will endeavor to assist You with Your requirements. Our instructors are licensed to carry on business as driving Instructors and have obtained such licenses from the Department of Transport.
Driving tuition is only available to persons: 1. Aged 17 and over (16 and over if disabled); 2. Who hold valid UK provisional driving licence (“licence”); and 3. Who are legally entitled to drive in the UK. If you take driving lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate licence and the licence must be presented to your driving instructor prior to the commencement of your tuition, for the purposes of the driving instructor checking your entitlement to drive you must also present to your driving instructor on or before your 1st driving lesson either your national insurance number or your ‘check code’ generated from the Government website, more information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. Your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide you with tuition or to cancel any lessons you have agreed to or booked If You fail to provide him/her with the licence and/or the ability for him/her to check your entitlement to drive prior to or on your first lesson. Any lessons the instructor has to cancel due to this situation are still chargeable. Your tuition is governed by a contract between you and Your Instructor. Accordingly, you and Your Instructor are responsible for arranging the date, and time, pick up location and duration of your lesson although the minimum duration of a lesson is 2 hours. Duration of tuition: All of your driving tuition sessions are a minimum of 2 hours long. This is to ensure fewer briefings and debriefings overall, more practical training and due to our commitment to passing our students as quickly and safely as possible.
Pass N Go operate a waiting list for customers purchasing lessons with us. Waiting times for lessons range depending on instructor availability, student demand, gearbox type, area or any other special preferences from the student.
If a student’s account is inactive for 4 weeks or more, the instructor will pass the student back to Pass N Go to be placed back on to the waiting list.
Your Instructor will:
1. Provide You with driving/theory tuition at the hourly rate communicated to You from time to time; 2. Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help You study for Your theory and hazard perception; 3. Design a course of lessons to match Your specific driving and learning needs from Your first lesson right through to Your practical; 4. Provide You with driving/theory lessons which will last two hours or such other duration as You and Your Instructor will agree in advance; 5. Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled PASS N GO branded car for each lesson; 6. Also recommend where appropriate, advanced courses to help You develop Your skills for: motorway driving, driving in extreme weather conditions and the Pass Plus; 7. Give You relevant feedback during Your lessons and record Your development in your online PASS N GO track record at the end of each lesson; 8. Monitor Your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book Your mock practical and once it has been agreed between you both, Your instructor will apply for Your practical and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled; 9. Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car; 10. Honor the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of your lesson; 11. at all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including: • being courteous and considerate to you • avoiding physical contact except in an emergency • not smoking during your lessons • restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or directly for your benefit; 12. Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on the grounds of road safety; 13. Not discriminate against you and will always abide by the law; 14. Endeavor to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any unforeseen circumstances beyond their control; 15. Endeavor to give You two working days notice (excluding Bank Holidays) should a lesson need to be rescheduled; 16. Respond professionally to any worries or issues that you may have and try to resolve them to your satisfaction. If appropriate, they will give you the name of the PASS N GO manager to whom you can refer the matter. If Your Instructor is for whatever reason unable to comply with their obligations to You, both We and Your Instructor reserve the right to arrange for an alternative PASS N GO Instructor to provide You with some or all of Your driving/theory tuition. If We or Your Instructor are unable to arrange for an alternative Instructor to provide Your driving tuition, or in the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which You have been learning to drive, or for any other reason, the Instructor reserves the right to rearrange Your lessons for a time convenient to both You and the Instructor.
Intensive Driving Courses
Please note that practical availability is down to the DVSA, Pass N Go have no control over examiner availability. You must pay the full balance of your intensive driving course before any driving lessons are arranged. Once your balance has been paid we will assign your driving instructor and your course can be arranged leading upto the practical date. If you don’t pay for the balance of your course as agreed 4 weeks before your practical date this would result in either the rescheduling or the cancellation of your practical date until payment has been received. Any payments made in relation to intensive courses are held for 6 months and you are required to complete the course within 6 months of your booking otherwise your course will be cancelled and you will not be able to rebook the course or obtain a refund. Once you have booked your lessons with your instructor, you are fully committed to completing these and if for any reason a lesson is changed or cancelled the lesson fee will be deducted from your account. Our standard 48 hours cancellation policy does not apply to intensive courses. Once your lessons are booked in with your instructor you are unable to change driving instructors at any point during your driving course. Any abusive, offensive or other such conduct will not be tolerated and the course may be terminated. We will aim to complete Your Intensive driving course within four weeks from the date of your first lesson, although this is not a guarantee and in some instances we maybe required to reschedule the practical date to fit in with our instructors/test availability, the 48 Hour cancellation notice does not apply to any of our Intensive driving courses, and if you cancel any of your lessons then these lessons will be deducted from the lessons remaining. If there is any evidence of you being under the influence of drink or drugs then Your Instructor reserves the right to terminate Your Intensive Driving Course with immediate effect and you will not be entitled to a refund. If you don’t make progress as expected Your Instructor will advise you whether your practical should be rescheduled. If You are not ready for your practical then Your Instructor holds the right to refuse the use of the vehicle in attempting the practical and will instead recommend a more practical length of course best suited for You. Due to practical availability and any circumstances beyond our control it may be necessary for us to reschedule your practical in order to fit in with other arrangements and our booking process. Your practical will be arranged for the end of your course based on our instructor availability. Your practical will be booked at any of the centres in our teaching regions. You must not change or cancel the theory or practical, only the Pass N Go office is entitled to change or cancel your. If you at any time change or cancel your practical Your Driving Course may be terminated and you will not be entitled to a refund. The Intensive courses consist of 1 hour for the practical and the remaining hours to be taken as driving lessons leading upto the practical. Regarding the ‘Suitable For You’ notice on the intensive course walkthrough, this notice is based on the data you input and is calculated to an average of 40 hours of driving tuition total. Please note this calculation doesn’t take into account any long gaps in training or if you have previously been trained to a lower standard to what we would normally expect, Pass N Go hold no responsibility in any client choosing the incorrect course and all customers should ensure that the course they are choosing is the correct one for them. If there is any doubt you should buy an assessment lesson with your course so we can professionally assess you before your course begins or at the least speak to our advisors on 0333 207 0663 who can try and advise you before you buy.
‘Night Driving’ is determined by lessons being taken starting between the times of 9pm to 6am. Night driving may be charged at different rates to standard lesson prices. Converting standard lessons to night lessons and Night Lessons to standard lessons is not permitted and will only be allowed with permission from your Pass N Go Instructor. Any Night Lessons paid in advance are non refundable.
Lesson Cancellation Policy
You must cancel your lessons online via your booking calendar giving at least 48 Hours notice (excluding Bank Holidays) (“Minimum Notice”) if You wish to cancel or rearrange Your lesson, otherwise You will be liable for 100% of the lesson fee. Where you have pre-paid for any lesson but fail to attend or provide the Minimum Notice, You will still be liable for the Lesson fee. Please Note: Pass N Go and your driving instructor accepts no liability if you attempt to cancel your lessons via Pass N Go or the driving instructor rather than doing so directly online via your account. Intensive driving courses are exempt from the standard 48 hours notice cancellation policy, for information on the cancellation policy for intensive courses please see ‘Intensive Driving Courses’.
Your Instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver whilst in control of driving the Instructor’s tuition vehicle.
we reserve the right to change the price of all our learner driver products including all tuition, at any time.
Non-Block Booked Tuition
The price of lessons that have not been pre-paid (as part of a block booking consisting of a minimum 10 hours worth of tuition time (“Block Booking”) may be changed at any time. You will receive prior notice of any price increases. Your Driving Lesson Fee is made up of what we pay your driving instructor for their services plus a small fee for processing your transaction and the use of our online services
Block Booked Tuition
The cost of Block Booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months from the date of making the booking. If you fail to complete your block booking within 6 months from the date of making the booking, any remaining hours will be lost. Block Bookings are non refundable. Your Driving Lesson Fee is made up of what we pay your driving instructor for their services plus a small fee for processing your transaction and the use of our online services
we also reserve the right to introduce special offers from time to time in respect of both Our On the Road and Off the Road products together with any other products that we may decide. Such offers will not affect the price of Block Bookings unless it is expressly stated within the offer.
Your participation in Pass N Go’s Giveaway (“The Giveaway ” or “Promotion”) shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the Terms and Conditions herein. The following are the Terms and Conditions of The Giveaway.
- Only persons over the age of 17 are eligible for entry to The Giveaway unless otherwise stated by Pass N Go. You may be asked, at any stage, to provide Pass N Go with proof of age and /or identity.
- The Giveaway shall take place on the date specified by Pass N Go.
- Each entrant shall be entitled to make one (1) entry into The Giveaway only. In the event that Pass N Go deems an entrant to have made multiple applications to enter or to have acted in bad faith with respect to the Promotion, the entrant shall be excluded from The Giveaway and consequently ineligible to win the Promotional Prize, as defined below.
- Winners shall be selected using a 3rd party random name picker.
- Winners will be notified by either phone or SMS and will also receive an email where possible to notify them of their prize
- Notwithstanding Section 5 above, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Promotional Prize winner fails to respond, within thirty (30) days, to the E-mail notification of his/her winning, such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his / her claim to the prize and Pass N Go shall not have any obligation whatsoever to compensate the winning entrant in any way.
- For any prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days of the email notification, Pass N Go may offer this Prize to an alternative entrant. This will be done on the sole discretion of Pass N Go.
- Your participation in The Giveaway is considered your agreement that Pass N Go may contact you.
- The Prize is neither transferable nor exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for money or money’s worth.
- By entering the Giveaway each entrant unreservedly agrees to these terms and conditions which govern the Giveaway and the awarding of the Prize.
- By entering the Giveaway each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Pass N Go, its legal representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any damages whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection The Giveaway or the acceptance of the Prize.
- Pass N Go reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time and in its sole discretion.
- Pass N Go reserves the right, at any time, to cancel, modify or suspend The Giveaway if, in its sole judgement, The Giveaway is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Pass N Go reserves the right to disclose winner’s name and identity.
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the competition / prize draw shall be that of Mr Dean Lowes acting for and on behalf of Pass N Go
You must pay for Your good(s) and/or lesson(s) in advance using one of the following methods: – payment via credit or debit card by telephoning Our Customer Service Contact Centre on 0333 207 0663 – payment via credit or debit card online at www.passngo.net/www.passngo.com – payment via Bacs by contacting Our Customer Service Contact Centre on 0333 207 0663 – payment via cash to your driving instructor directly Where You make any payments directly to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors it is Your responsibility to ask for and obtain appropriate receipts or other proofs, in relation to all payments You make to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors. Where we are able to, we will endeavour to assist with any discrepancies in payments you have made without ever accepting liability for the same, Pass N Go Driving School is not responsible for the safe keeping of any monies that you decide to pay to your driving instructor directly in cash and you do so at your own risk. For further details please see our Payment Protection Policy.
Payment Protection Policy
We will protect your payments when you pay via one of the following methods: – payment via credit or debit card by telephoning Our Customer Service Contact Centre on 0333 207 0663 – payment via credit or debit card online at www.passngo.net/www.passngo.com – payment via Bacs by contacting Our Customer Service Contact Centre on 0333 207 0663 For the avoidance of doubt please be aware any payments paid by you directly to your driving instructor will not be protected by Pass N Go Driving School.
Learner Driver Tuition – Refund Policy
All payments are non refundable, If You fail to complete your block booking within 6 months from the date of making the booking, any remaining hours will be lost. At our discretion we may refund any remaining credit on your account, however a £15 admin fee will be deducted. We may request additional information from you to confirm your identity in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007; we will also use this information to ensure adherence to Our Merchant Operating Instructions for card collection facilities.
Learner Driver Products – Returns/Refund Policy
You may cancel Your order for any goods that You purchase from Us without penalty by returning the unused, unopened and undamaged goods within 14 days of Your purchase. All goods that you wish to return must be in the same condition in which they were supplied to you and in their original packaging. If any of the goods you receive are damaged or faulty on receipt, you must inform us within 48 hours of receipt and where it is possible; we will provide you with replacements of any goods which are faulty or damaged. If we are unable to replace such goods, we will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund. You will not be entitled to a refund or replacement of the goods if: 1. any goods that You return to Us are in Our opinion used, damaged or not within their original packaging; or 2. You decide You no longer want the goods and do not return them within 14 days of Your purchase; or 3. You fail to inform Us of any faulty or damaged goods within 48 hours of receiving them. Postage and Packaging (P&P) is non-refundable.
Your Practical and Theory Fees
The Driving Standards Agency (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA determines the Theory and Practical fees. If you would like us to book your Theory and/or Practical on your behalf, we will be happy to do so and will charge a non refundable booking fee for doing so. The booking fee will cover any administrative costs that we may incur. If you wish to cancel or rearrange a Theory and/or Practical that we have booked with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA on Your behalf, we will follow the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA cancellation procedure as set out on the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA website at http://www.Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA.gov.uk. Currently the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA cancellation procedure states that you can cancel or rearrange your Theory and/or Practical providing you give at least three clear working days’ notice. If you require us to arrange a cancellation or rearrange any Theory and/or Practical on your behalf, we will require a minimum of 10 working days’ notice in order to do so. If you fail to provide us with a minimum of 10 working days notice you may remain liable for all or some of the Theory and/or Practical fee and any late cancellation fees. In any event we accept no liability to you for any payments or expenses that you may incur in relation to your practical and/or theory. If you ask us to cancel your Theory and/or Practical for you we will continue to hold your booking fee for a period of 6 months from when you originally paid your booking fee, please note booking fees are non refundable. If you think we have made an error in booking your Theory and/or Practical, please contact us by telephoning 0333 207 0663. In the event we agree that we have made an error in the booking, we shall rebook another Theory and/or Practical on your behalf at no additional cost to you. No monetary compensation will be paid for any lessons taken prior to the original Theory and/or Practical or leading up to the new Theory and/or Practical. We cannot be held accountable if with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency – DVSA change or cancel your Theory and/or Practical due to their availability. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate driving licence and any other relevant documents (Theory Certificate Number, Passport if applicable) and that you take them with you to your practical, neither We and/or your driving instructor accept any liability in you forgetting the documents needed to present for Theory and/or Practical and subsequently you being refused to sit your Theory and/or Practical. If You are not ready for your Practical then Your Instructor holds the right to refuse the use of the vehicle in attempting the practical.
By taking bookings, providing certain information and documentation, and in processing payments, we and the Agent act on behalf of Your Instructor. Although your Driving Lesson Fee is made up of what we pay your driving instructor for their services plus a small fee for processing your transaction and the use of our online services no contractual liability arises between you and us or the Agent under the agreement between you and Your Instructor. Neither the Agent nor We have and shall have any liability to You in relation to any injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the tuition vehicle or from the facts or omissions of Your Instructor or any other one of Our Instructors. Further, We will not in any event be liable for any losses relating to any earnings or business interests that You may have including but not limited to loss of profits, business, loss of opportunity or any business interruptions or delays that You may incur even in the event of a error made by Us. This does not apply to any claim you may have for personal injury or death and nothing in these Conditions will affect your statutory rights. We do not guarantee to provide or procure the provision of any of the services referred to in these Conditions if We are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitations, the activities of civil government authorities, third party industrial disputes, internal industrial disputes where We have taken the reasonable steps to prevent the effects of such action on any of the services set out in these Conditions but have been unable to do so; acts of God, or severe weather conditions. We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the services referred to in these Conditions and to these Conditions for any reason we deem necessary. Where we do make any such changes, we will give you reasonable notice of the changes. If as a direct result of such changes the services we provide to you are substantially varied to your detriment, and where we are satisfied of the same, you may cancel your agreement with us by giving not less than 30 days’ notice in writing to our address below. If any provision of these Conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, un enforceability or unreasonableness, be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of these Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
Informing You about Products and Services
If You have indicated Your agreement We may contact You by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or SMS/MMS to inform You of any goods, services or promotions that You may of interest to You. If you decide you do not wish to receive such information, You can unsubscribe at any time, by informing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 48 hours for this to take place . Please be aware that this will prevent you from receiving our special offers and/or promotions, but You can always opt back in at any time, by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Data Protection Notice
Use of your image
Pass N Go Driving School reserve the right to use photographs taken in conjunction with any competitions, first driving lessons, practical passes or photographs taken during promotional events for promotional purposes. In agreeing to the taking of your photograph you give your consent for Pass N Go to use these images.
If You have any concerns or complaints about any part of Your driving tuition which cannot be resolved with Your Instructor, please contact Pass N Go via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive a complaint escalation form to complete and return. Our escalation department will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days and a response will be provided within 28 days. Please note: Complaint resolution will only be dealt with by our escalation department via email or letter and our ‘Bookings and Aftersales’ call centre are unable to deal with escalation complaints. We may record telephone calls for staff training and evidential purposes. Contact us: PASS N GO Driving School HELLO@PASSNGO.NET www.passngo.net
Online Dispute Resolution
If you have a problem regarding a product or service that you have bought, you can settle your dispute out-of-court through an Alternative Dispute Resolution or Online Dispute Resolution (ADR / ODR) procedure.
Instructor Training – Rescue Training Terms
We reserve the right to refuse this offer if deemed suitable. Trainee/Instructor not completing their training, instructor being abusive
Win An Instructor Training Course Competition
1. Winner will be required to join Pass N Go as a driving instructor after completion of course
2. This competition is only for the 55 hour course, winner will have to pay for their own study materials and test fees.
3. Must have less than 6 points on your driving license and have held your driving licence for over 3 years
4. Competition ends 13/08/23 || 15/08/23 Winner Announced
PNG Driving Instructor Competitions
Must be an active instructor with PNG at the date of the event (This includes not being in your notice period). Tickets will be emailed up to 48 hours before the event. Prizes do not include travel or accommodation unless specified.
Entries to the PS5 competition is determined by certain promotional areas running the offer. Max 1 entry per person. To enter you must’ve purchased 2 hours within a promotional area. Winner will be notified on the 31/10/2023