Find your happy and train to become a driving instructor in Barnsley with Pass N Go!
What does training to become a driving instructor in Barnsley mean for you?
- Job satisfaction
- A great income
- Job security
- Choose the days and times you want to work
- Take time off when you need
- Balance your work and home life
- Our instructor’s work the hours that suit them and you could be doing exactly the same!
- Spend your day helping others achieve
- Lots of our instructors will tell you the job is fun, rewarding and immensely satisfying
- It’s a fantastic way to earn what you are worth
- Pass N Go instructors earnings vary depending on whether they work full time or part time
- Income can be easily calculated and is based on the number of lessons you are available to do
- All our lessons are 2 hours long and it’s our job is to keep you busy
- Take advantage of a permanent career move with no threats of redundancy
- There are thousands of people learning to drive every year to keep you in work
Why choose Pass N Go for driving instructor training in Barnsley?
When training to become a driving instructor, you’ll receive peace of mind that we will provide you with all the skills, set up and support necessary to achieve your qualification. We can also have your driving instructor training in Barnsley completed very quickly when you choose one of our fast track training courses.
We understand that the decision to become a driving instructor can be life-changing. As a result of this, we will take the time to ensure you select the correct course, tailoring the course you pick to suit you —all of our training courses are flexible and can fit around any commitments you may have.
On top of all of the above, we have a vested interest in our driving instructor trainees. Therefore, this ensures we will give you the best training possible in order to help you succeed at being a driving instructor.
It is a requirement that you have passed three Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency tests consisting of a theory test, driving test and instructional test in order to become a driving instructor.
If you’re already a qualified instructor you can join Pass N Go right now as a franchisee driving instructor in Barnsley.
What's the process of training to become a driving instructor in Barnsley?
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
Consists of a multiple choice test and video based hazard perception test. We provide all training materials, books, software and hazard perception DVDs for the entire course. We also stage mock tests to help prepare and optional classes where a trainer can guide you.
In this test, you will be required to demonstrate your driving ability in a one hour practical session. The DVSA expects you to drive to a very high standard on various types of roads, in town, on country roads, on fast dual carriageways and on motorways. Throughout the test you will also need to perform various manoeuvres that you will be teaching your learners.
Your Pass N Go trainer will help you to develop your driving skills on your in car training sessions, improving your competency and confidence to meet the required standards. They will also conduct mock tests to help you prepare.
This is a test of your instructional ability to teach others and lasts for approximately one hour. The DVSA examiner will watch you give a client-centred driving lesson to one of your pupils. You get to choose which pupil to take with you to the test, due to this we would highly recommend you apply for a trainee licence and earn while you learn.
The best way to prepare you for giving driving lessons is for you to spend time in the car doing just that which is why we will promote you to start teaching people to drive whilst still in training and you can gain significant experience by doing so.
Your Pass N Go trainer knows exactly what is required of you on the test and will help you practice delivering your lessons on the road where you can correct mistakes and get used to the skills required to help and guide learners through our modern day traffic.
Legislation about our driving instructor training in Barnsley
Please also bear in mind that you must be classed as a fit and proper person by the Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) when training to become a driving instructor. The Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency will use the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) in order to obtain a criminal record check for anyone residing in England or Wales. Disclosure Scotland is used for the same purposes for those living in Scotland. Whatever process you need to follow we will be on hand to guide you through the process, though take note that you:
- Should have no more than five penalty points on your driver’s licence.
- Should have held your driver’s licence for a total of four years minimum out of the past six years prior to entering the ADI Register after qualifying.
- Should not have been disqualified from driving at any point in the four years prior to being entered in the ADI Register.
- Should meet the physical criteria required in order to control a vehicle in a safe manner.
We will offer you a position as a driving instructor once you’ve successfully completed your training course with us however it’s important to note that it is never compulsory for you to join us. If you prefer, you can become independent or can look to work with other driving schools.
Want more info?
- Call 0333 207 0663
- Text ‘Make Me An Instructor’ to 07769 173 129
- Email email@example.com
Find out more about our driving instructor training opportunities in Barnsley
Once you get in touch with us we’ll set up a friendly meeting whereby you can ask us about any concerns you may have as well as being given the opportunity to meet the trainer who may run your course.
We want to ensure you have all of the information you need before making the move to becoming a driving instructor.
If you have any further queries,book an appointment via our online contact form. That way, you can enjoy an informal chat and receive the answers to any questions that you still have on your mind or alternatively contact us over the phone on 0333 207 0663 — lines are open between 8am to 6pm from Monday to Friday, as well as between 9am to 5pm on Saturdays.