Find your happy and train to become a driving instructor in Birmingham in only 8 weeks here at Pass N Go.
What does training to become a driving instructor in Birmingham mean for you?
- Job satisfaction
- A great income
- Job security
- Choose the days and times you want to work
- Take time off when you need
- Balance your work and home life
- Our instructor’s work the hours that suit them and you could be doing exactly the same!
- Spend your day helping others achieve
- Lots of our instructors will tell you the job is fun, rewarding and immensely satisfying
- It’s a fantastic way to earn what you are worth
- Pass N Go instructors earnings vary depending on whether they work full time or part time
- Income can be easily calculated and is based on the number of lessons you are available to do
- All our lessons are 2 hours long and it’s our job is to keep you busy
- Take advantage of a permanent career move with no threats of redundancy
- There are thousands of people learning to drive every year to keep you in work
We can give you the skills, the set up and the support you need to make you into a qualified instructor.
When you train to become a driving instructor with Pass N Go, get the peace of mind that we will provide you with all the support required to achieve your qualifications. Choose one of our fast track courses and we can have your driving instructor training in Birmingham completed in next to no time.
Also we understand this decision can be a life-changing career move. As a result of this, we will ensure to take the time for you to select the right course. We will tailor the course you pick to suit your lifestyle —all our courses are flexible to ensure they can be fitted around your current commitments.
On top of this, as we have a vested interest in all of our driving instructors we will give you the best possible training and will aim to help you succeed as a driving instructor.
What we ask for in return is that you have the passion and give the effort and the time to teach someone how to drive. That way, becoming a driving instructor will most likely be an enjoyable and vastly rewarding career move for you.
Also take notice that it’s a requirement that you’ve passed three Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) tests in order to become a fully qualified driving instructor.
Already a fully qualified? Why not join Pass N Go as a franchised driving instructor in Birmingham.
What's the process of training to become a driving instructor in Birmingham?
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
Consists of a multiple choice test and video based hazard perception test. We provide all training materials, books, software and hazard perception DVDs for the entire course. We also stage mock tests to help prepare and optional classes where a trainer can guide you.
In this test, you will be required to demonstrate your driving ability in a one hour practical session. The DVSA expects you to drive to a very high standard on various types of roads, in town, on country roads, on fast dual carriageways and on motorways. Throughout the test you will also need to perform various manoeuvres that you will be teaching your learners.
Your Pass N Go trainer will help you to develop your driving skills on your in car training sessions, improving your competency and confidence to meet the required standards. They will also conduct mock tests to help you prepare.
This is a test of your instructional ability to teach others and lasts for approximately one hour. The DVSA examiner will watch you give a client-centred driving lesson to one of your pupils. You get to choose which pupil to take with you to the test, due to this we would highly recommend you apply for a trainee licence and earn while you learn.
The best way to prepare you for giving driving lessons is for you to spend time in the car doing just that which is why we will promote you to start teaching people to drive whilst still in training and you can gain significant experience by doing so.
Your Pass N Go trainer knows exactly what is required of you on the test and will help you practice delivering your lessons on the road where you can correct mistakes and get used to the skills required to help and guide learners through our modern day traffic.
Driving instructor training legislation in Birmingham
The Driving & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) requires anyone who is in training to be a driving instructor to be a fit and proper person. The DVSA will use the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) in order to conduct a criminal record check for anyone in England or Wales looking to train as a driving instructor. Disclosure Scotland is used for the same purposes if you live in any Scottish regions. Don’t worry we’ll be on hand to guide you through this process, though please note that you:
- Should have held your driver’s licence for a total of four years minimum out of the past six years prior to entering the ADI Register after qualifying.
- Shouldn’t have more than five penalty points on your driver’s licence.
- Should not have been disqualified from driving at any point in the four years prior to being entered in the ADI Register.
- Should meet the physical criteria required in order to control a vehicle in a safe manner.Pease note that while you can join Pass N Go as a driving instructor when you successfully complete your training course with us, it is never compulsory for you to join and if its your preference, you can work independently as your own boss.
- Further to the above Pass N Go driving school is a member of The Official Register of Driving Instructor Training (ORDIT) — the body which is responsible for the training standards throughout our industry. As a result, each of our instructor trainers must pass a vigorous assessment in order to become a member of ORDIT. The fact that this is always an on going process gives you the peace of mind that you’ll receive top-quality training in order to become a driving instructor in Birmingham.
Want more info?
- Call 0333 207 0663
- Text ‘Make Me An Instructor’ to 07769 173 129
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about our driving instructor training opportunities in Birmingham
We want to make sure you have as much information as possible before deciding on a new career in driving instruction.
The first thing to do is to come and meet the Pass N Go Team. We are approachable and informative and are here to answer any questions you may have.
Book an appointment for an informal chat. Bring your partner or spouse along to help you explore what Pass N Go Driving School can do for you.
If you have any further queries, book an appointment via our online contact form. That way, you can enjoy an informal chat and receive the answers to any questions that you still have on your mind or alternatively contact us over the phone on 0333 207 0663 — lines are open between 8am to 6pm from Monday to Friday, as well as between 9am to 5pm on Saturdays.